Monday, September 2, 2013

College!!!

Hey Lovelies!!!

So, once again, my schedule has been absolutely craziness with packing everything up and moving to college.  If any of you have experienced the stresses of packing and moving to college, then I'm sure you can relate to me!

But anyways, I have officially settled into my room at college!  My roommate is so awesome and we get along really well!  I also knew 3 other people (2 from school and 1 who I've known since I was about 6) before arriving here which I think definitely helped with settling into the college/campus environment.  I've met up with each of them a few times and have passed them every once in a while.  Also, I have been able to meet even more people through them, as they introduce me to their roommates, and also people they've met in their dorm buildings and around the campus.  So far, I"m very happy with everyone that I've met!!  Classes start in 2 days so I'll hopefully post a blog about how that goes after I go to each of the classes (probably up by Friday or Saturday).

Now, I don't know about you all, but I love to see pictures of how people set up and decorate their dorm rooms!  And being such an organized person, I was nervous about finding a spot for everything.  Once I arrived, however, I realized that my dorm building had the biggest rooms on the campus, which was amazing news!  Now I have found myself having a lot of space available (which is really great).  So I've taken a few pics of my room which I'll share with you.  I didn't take pictures of my roommates side as I didn't get her permission and I don't want stuff of her own to be on the internet.

This is my bed with my underbed storage.  I have a few towels hanging on the wall (with Command Hooks).   I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but my bed is ridiculously high off the ground (hence the step-stool at the end of the bed)

So this is my desk.  I just have the basics on top with a paper drawer and my iHome on top.  I also have books and miscellaneous desk/office supplies in drawers.

 This is my dresser and closet.  In my dorm building, we have all this built-in which gives us so much more space around the room and we also get a lot more storage space.  I have clothes in the drawers and closet.  In the above cabinets, I have all the bags that I brought my clothes in (Space Bags have saved my life as I was packing - for those of you who don't know, Space Bags are the giant plastic bags that you vacuum the air out of so they get super compacted).

So that's basically it for my dorm room.  If anyone is interested in seeing around the building or knowing more in depth what I brought with me and how it's organized in the drawers, closet, and cabinets, please leave a comment and let me know!!!  If no one says anything, I'll just move on to different things.  I promise there are blogs all planned and written out on the way very soon, so stay tuned!!!!  Talk to you all next time

♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment