Saturday, September 7, 2013

Makeup Collection and Storage: Dorm Edition

Hey Lovelies!!!

So I guess this will be the first post on here where I show you some of the make up that I wear!  Anyways, when I moved into my dorm, I felt that I would be really low on space and that I would have to bring less clothes, makeup, nail polish, EVERYTHING!!  So, like anyone would do in a similar situation, I brought my favorite things and also thing that could be used in various situations.  So here we go!!

So I store all of my makeup in a very small Sterilite 3-drawer container and it all fits really nicely!  I also store my brushes in a little container on top.  For those of you who know of MissGlamorazzi (or Ingrid) on YouTube, you may be familiar with the idea of the brush holder.  It's an old Slatkin & Co. candle from Bath and Body Works that was "glam-ified".  (Here's the link for the video if anyone is curious http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRPvlXJbzGI)

Here's where everything is stored!!

So I didn't bring too many brushes- basically just the essentials.  I recently threw away some old brushes that really don't do a good job anymore and replaced them with a few Real Techniques brushes.  They are honestly amazing and I definitely plan to buy more really soon as they work really well and are SO soft!  They are a decent price so if you're willing to spend between $5-$20 on brushes, I totally recommend these!

PRODUCTS FROM LEFT TO RIGHT: Bare Escentuals "Max Coverage Concealer Brush" (I use for foundation), Real Techniques "Powder Brush", Real Techniques "Blush Brush", Real Techniques "Shading Brush", "Smudge Brush" from unknown company, "Lash and Brow Brush" from unknown company

PRODUCTS FROM LEFT TO RIGHT: Maybelline "Instant Age Rewind Dark Circles Eraser" in Light, Revlon "Colorstay Foundation for Combo/Oily Skin" in #150 Buff, Almay "Clear Complexion Concealer" in #100 Light

Maybelline "Dream Matte Powder" in #4-5 Cream Light, NYC "Cheek Glow Powder Blush" in #651A Riverside Rose

BH "60 Color Day and Night Eyeshadow Palette" (The colors don't have names but I put little pink hearts and a number in the colors I use on an everyday basis- I hope you can see the hearts and numbers)
1. All over the lid
2. Highlight
3. Crease
4. Outer corner

PRODUCTS FROM TOP TO BOTTOM: Maybelline "Master Precise Felt Tip Eyeliner" in Black, Revlon "Colorstay Eyeliner" in Black, Maybelline "The Rocket Mascara" in Blackest Black, Covergirl "Clump Crusher Msacara" in Very Black

PRODUCTS FROM LEFT TO RIGHT: Maybelline "Baby Lips" in Quenched, Covergirl "Jumbo Gloss Balm" in Watermelon Twist

And finally a picture of everything on MY face! Yes, that's right, you all finally get to see what I look like after I've told you I would have it posted the day after starting the blog! It's pretty late but at least it's finally up.  This isn't the best picture of myself, but it is actually from today so, I promise, I'm wearing all of the makeup from above.


  If this look is something that you like, then maybe post a pic of you wearing the same or similar look.  You could even email it to me at megsmaquillage@gmail.com.  I would love to see what all of you can do!!  Also, please leave a comment or email me if you have any ideas for blog posts or if you would just like to see something in particular!! I'm totally open to ideas and suggestions :)

If you're reading this please leave a comment of what your absolute favorite makeup products or tools are as I would love to see what everyone else is wearing! :)

♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment