Saturday, September 28, 2013

Homecoming Haul

Hey Lovelies!!!

I'm back with another exciting post!! And just one day after the last one! That's quite impressive for me. So, my last post was a Getting Ready/OOTD from Homecoming/Family Weekend here on campus. In that post, I had said that me, my Mom, my friend (who I grew up knowing), and her family spent the day together. Unfortunately, by the time our families had arrived, all of the activities had ended, except for the football game, which started at 1:00. Our parents arrived a little after 12:00 and everyone was hungry, so we went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch (YUM, one of my favorites). When we finished we into the mall that the restaurant was connected to. Although we didn't plan to go shopping, we ended up staying there for over two hours (at this point we had missed the football game, which was fine with me as I hate football). After shopping in the mall, we took a trip over to Target where we continued to shop and spend money. In our defense, most of the things we bought were things that we needed (kind of). We bought a lot of food at Target, but I'm not going to include that in this post.

The first place I bought stuff at was CVS (which was in the mall). I was running low on Foundation and Powder so I had to pick them up. I also wanted to try a new Concealer. I was also running a little low on my usual Eye Shadows, so I looked for some new neutral, matte ones but I'm not too impressed with what I got.

Revlon Colorstay Concelaer (02 LIGHT)
Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combo/Oily Skin (150 BUFF)

Revlon Colorstay 16 Hour Eye Shadow (500 ADDICTIVE)
FYI: In the store, this looked like a Quad with 3 matte colors and 1 subtle shimmer color, but it turns out they're all really shimmery and a little too dark. But I will keep this as they would be good "going out" colors

Maybelline Dream Matte Powder (4-5 CREAM/LIGHT)

Next stop at the mall was Bath and Body Works!
FUN FACT: I can't use B&BW Shower Gels or Body Lotions because they give me hives. Boo :(

Bath and Body Works Wallflower Plug-In with Spiced Cider refill.
Here's the main reason why I went into B&BW: Wallflowers! Since we're not allowed to burn candles in dorms, I've opted to use these. I already had the plug-in but I had the Caribbean Escape scent and my roommate and I wanted a Fall scent. There were a lot to choose from but in the end I chose Spiced Cider. I don't like Pumpkin or Bakery scents, and there were A LOT of those. I love Apple scents and this one wasn't too sweet. It has a spice to it (obviously, you could probably tell that from the title) so it smell more like Apple Cinnamon and our room now smells amazing. 

Bath and Body Works PocketBac Hand Sanitizers in Caribbean Escape and Island Margarite
Reason #2 for going into B&BW. I uses hand sanitizer like crazy and it always helps if they smell nice! Regardless of the season, I always choose these two scents. They are my absolute favorites (in hand sanitizers, wall flowers, and candles). Plus they were 5 for $5.

Then look what I found!!! It's a PocketBac holder that's an cute little elephant with a bow and a sparkly balloon. AND IT LIGHTS UP! My mom thought this was a childish purchase, but it was too cute to resist. My favorite animal is an Elephant and I love bows and sparkles so it was just perfect!

We went a few other places in the mall, but I didn't buy anything else. Then we went to Target and I bought tons of food and also a pair of shoes that I've wanted for a while.

Aren't they just perfect?! Sorry for my ugly knees. I've dislocated both of my knees in the past and they just look terrible now. And I absolutely hate styling boots and dresses together, it's just what I happened to be wearing when I took all of the pictures of the products. I will try and do a styling post for the boots because I have some ideas...

And finally, it's that time of the year when store start selling Candy Corn again! This isn't my favorite candy, but I did buy it makes it official that it's finally Autumn (my favorite season, followed closely by Spring). And how nice do they look in this little dish to add some seasonal decor to our room. It's also nice to have this in case you get a sweet tooth all of a sudden ;)

Well, that's it for my Homecoming Haul! I hope to do more hauls really soon! I'm going home in a week, so I hope to do some shopping while I am able to drive my car and I'm not trapped and relying on the horrible bus service. Maybe if I get a chance, I'll do a big Fall Haul with makeup, clothes, and accessories...?! And I'll also get on that post for styling Riding Boots. See you guys really soon!!

♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment