Sunday, April 6, 2014

My Pamper Day/Evening Essentials

Hey Lovelies!!!


So this post is something I've wanted to show you for quite some time but it got put off farther and farther because of other posts I had to do first and also the fact that I had to be home to even take the pictures. This post is inspired by a YouTube video by one of my top favorite YouTubers (and bloggers), Zoella. Here's the video I'm talking about (go on, give it a watch):


Mine is slightly different and I do things all throughout the day. It can be really relaxing after a long day. I will say one thing though, if I'm really busy and don't necessarily have time for a pamper evening but I have one anyways, it won't make me feel relaxed or relieved, but rather add to the stress. So, just a heads-up, don't do this unless you have the time for it!!! Don't run yourself a nice bath and give yourself a facial if you have a paper and a huge test the next day!!!! (You have been warned) So here we go, my Pamper Day/Evening Essentials:

Look how excited I am to start my Pamper Day!!!


The first thing I do, is make my bed. It sounds weird but having a made bed makes my day so much better and makes me feel relieved.


After eating breakfast, I'm finally ready to starttttt


To start, I put in my contacts. Even though I like my glasses, it's just easier to not have to deal with them while getting ready.


The next thing I do is wash my face with the Olay Fresh Effects {Shine, Shine Go Away} Facial Cleanser with the brush it comes with.


Here's a a live shot of my washing my face.. Super exciting stuff right?! (And don't worry, I'm not naked. I'm wearing the polka-dotted towel wrap from an earlier picture)


Next, I use a toner. I prefer to use toner right after cleansing my face. Everyone's skincare is different so if you've heard of using toner at a different time, that's fine! It all depends on what works best for that person!!


Ooh, another live shot... Super cute...


Next, I hop into the shower. I love being home because I can shower in the mornings since I have a hair dryer there. And when I'm home, I use different products in the shower. Mainly so I don't have to pack it in my bags for just a weekend at home. The shampoo and conditioner that I use are the Garnier Fructis Pure Clean. I'm not completely in love with them or anything but my hair just feels really clean (yes, the title tells the truth) after using it.


Next, I scrub my face with the St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub which I adore and leaves my skin so incredibly soft!


Then, I use the body wash and body scrub from The Body Shop in the Moringa scent which is perfect for the spring time! And this also leaves my skin feeling super soft!


Then, it's time to shave!! I use the Satin Care + Olay shaving gel and the Schick Quattro razor.


After getting out of the shower, I put on a face mask. This is a new one that I'm absolutely loving!!! It has peppermint in it so it has a cooling feeling which is really nice and leaves your skin feeling really soothed.


Here's what it looks like on:


Then, I've got to use a spot treatment because nobody's has time to deal with acne breakouts. Let's be honest...


Next, it's time to moisturize!!


Then, I scrub my lips with a delicious sugar scrub and finish it off with a mint lip balm.


I finish off my body care with The Body Shop's Moringa Body Butter which is actually the best body butter/lotion that I've ever used, and I'm being totally honest. It leaves my skin so soft and smooth all day!


Then, I dry my hair so that I can go about my day.


After a long day of stressful or taxing events, it's always nice to take a nice relaxing bath with some lovely smelling (and looking) Lush bath bombs and bubble bars. Here, I'm using the Candy Mountain Bubble Bar and the Butterball Bath Bomb. The combination of the two was really sweet smelling and left my skin feeling super soft and moisturized!


And I love taking baths with a nice glass of ice water. This cup is in a Christmas wine glass because all of our glass cups were being washed in the dishwasher... But at least this glass is cute even if it is a little out of season.


Also, lighting candles while I'm in the bath really relaxes me. I'm able to turn off the lights and just have the candle light. It's really nice to have really low, minimal light while you're relaxing in the bath. I also really like to have a movie playing on my laptop (which I leave on the counter) while I'm in the bath. Having the movie playing makes me completely forget the stresses outside and focus on myself, the bath, and the movie.




I hope you all enjoyed this post!! I really enjoy doing pamper days/evenings. I try and do it every time that I go home. And I felt that I wanted to share with you my routine and my essentials in case any of you wanted to start doing this as well! If you guys do these pamper evenings, please let me know some of your essentials in the comments below, as I'd love to give it a read and maybe try some new things out. Anyway, that's all I have for this week. I'll be back again next Sunday and until then, stay beautiful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment