Sunday, April 27, 2014

How I Plan & Create Blog Posts

Hey Lovelies!!!

So I'm really excited to share this post with you all! Basically, I'm going to walk you through my process of planning and creating a blog post. For those of you who already do blogging, this might not be of much help to you. But hopefully to those of you who are new to it or are thinking of starting a blog, this post can help you out! For the most part, I've stuck to this system since starting back in August. Just a few small changes here and there.

So the first thing that I do, is I write down a list of ideas of blog posts. I keep this list on my phone so that I can basically write it down as soon as it comes to my mind, since I always have my phone with me. And if you look back at my blog posts, I've done all of these!! And there's also some more that will be coming up in the next few weeks.


Now, before I actually type and post to my blog, I like to write it down in my notebook first. And if you can tell, my notebook is covered in glitter, just how I like it! :)


Writing everything down ahead of time comes in especially handy when I'm planning a monthly favorites. I can write stuff down all throughout the month and then when it comes time to take pictures, I check off each thing as soon as I get it. This technique might not be helpful to everyone, but it's definitely helped me be more organized and get all my thoughts down.


Then it's time to take some pictures!! I love doing photography (when I have the patience) so this might be my favorite step in the whole process. My pictures haven't really been spectacular but I'm getting better every time. And I'm already saving up for a DSLR (which I'll need for a spring course at school anyways).


And just to be on the safe side, I keep all of my pictures from blog posts on this handy little thumb drive. And of course, it's pink. I don't know if you noticed from this pink thumb drive, the pink pen, or past blog posts, but I love the color pink (you should see my bedroom at home... Literally all pink).


And finally, I'm ready to publish my blog post. I usually just type it all out on Sunday and publish it right after. I would like to try and type it in advanced and just go on to Blogger on Sunday and hit publish. But to be honest, it's easiest for me to just do it all at once.

There you have my routine for planning and creating blog posts! Hopefully this post helped someone out there!! If anyone reading this is debating starting their own blog, PLEASE DO! I've had absolutely nothing bad come out of starting my blog and I'm so happy that I did start. I've made changes along the way to improve and it can only go up from here. And if you realize that blogging isn't for you, nothing's forcing you to continue; at least give it a try! I will let you know that I've discovered that blogging is much easier and more fun when I have a schedule. Last year, before I started posting every Sunday, it felt like such a hassle to post. Now that I do it every week, I love it!!

And before I go, I'll have another post on Wednesday since it will be the last day of April. So get ready for April Favorites coming real soon! Until then, stay beautiful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment