Sunday, March 30, 2014

Review- Target Beauty Box

Hey Lovelies!!!

I'm back with a review for this week. I feel like it's been ages since I've posted a review... And, as you can tell from the title, I'm going to be reviewing the Target Beauty Box, so there will be a few different items that I'll be talking about. Yay!! And for those of you outside of the U.S. or who don't know what the Target Beauty Box, it's basically a box that comes with a few products that are "trending" at the moment. And at the price of $5.00 to get 5 products, either travel/trial size or full size, plus discounts on future purchases, you cannot possibly pass it up! Unfortunately, you can't order it any more, but keep your eyes out here in case they make a new one because it's totally worth it!




Here's what's inside:


A list of all the products and a short description as well as a coupon for $3 off a $15 beauty purchase at Target (which I'll definitely taking advantage of)


Promotion card for 20% off at Target's partner stores: DermStore (skincare), blush (makeup), and HairEnvy (hair).


Regular Full-Size Retail Price- $4.99 (on sale for $4.74 right now!!!)
I've recently become a huge fan of dry shampoos so I was really excited to see this one in the Beauty Box, since I've never tried it before. And I'm very happy with the results! I've been using the Dove Dry Shampoo and I like both the Dove and Herbal Essences for different reasons. I think the Dove Dry Shampoo absorbs the oil in your hair, but doesn't give too much volume. The Herbal Essences Dry Shampoo smells amazing first of all. It gives a lot more volume to your hair and is also transparent, so it won't make your hair look white. It also has no parabens which is a major plus, in my opinion.


Regular Full-Size Retail Price- $11.99
I'm going to be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of BB Creams, but I gave this a try anyways. I've never even seen or tried a BB Body Cream, so I was interested in what it would do. Unfortunately, I don't think it really does anything... I've used it in the morning every day for at least a week and haven't noticed any change in my skin. It is a nice lotion though; it is a really nice consistency and has a light, pleasant smell. 


Regular Full-Size Retail Price- $4.99 (2.5 oz), $14.99 (6.8 oz)
I am a huge fan of the look that Sea Salt Spray typically gives to your hair. It's just such a nice, relaxed look. Unfortunately, sea salt sprays don't really do anything for my hair :( My hair is really smooth and straight so it doesn't easily hold shape, whether it's waves or curls. But I was able to get enough of a result to form my opinion.  I had high hopes for this product and, unfortunately, I was disappointed. This sea salt spray made my look really greasy/oily throughout even though it was freshly cleaned. It didn't give my hair the beachy look that you would expect from a sea salt spray. Overall, I would choose my Not Your Mother's Sea Salt Spray over this one.


Regular Full-Size Retail Price- $6.49
I really don't like this product just for the amount of glitter in it. I enjoy the smell and it's a very smooth lip gloss even though it has glitter in it (let's be honest, nobody like a sticky lip gloss). The color of this is also really pretty. So I'm really disappointed because of the glitter. Other than the glitter, I know, for sure, that I would really love this lip gloss.


Regular Full-Size Retail Price: $6.89
I'm still not completely certain how I feel about this mascara. I'm not a huge fan of the formulation because it tends to clump, A LOT. But other than that, I really love this brush. It gives my lashes the exact look that I want: thicker on the outside and thinner on the inside. I just really wish that the formulation was different because that would make it so much better. But for now, I'm going to stick with my The Falsies Big Eyes and Clump Crusher.

I hope you liked this review. Even though I didn't like all the products, I don't regret getting the Target Beauty Box. And seeing the real prices of all the products compared to the $5 I paid to get the box, is crazy. How could anyone pass it up?! And I was able to test out some products that I wouldn't have otherwise. So, now I know, whenever there is a Target Beauty Box available, I will definitely be purchasing it!!

Oh, and tomorrow is the last day of March (crazy, right?!), so you know what that means!!! Monthly Favorites post!!!! So keep an eye out for that!! Until then, stay beautiful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment