Friday, January 31, 2014

January Favorites 2014

Hey Lovelies!!!

So along with my weekly posts every week for 2014, I'm also going to be doing monthly favorites. Now, I can't guarantee that each month will have new beauty products, but I'm also going to add fashion, food/drinks, entertainment, and anything else that I'm just absolutely loving for that month. I hope you all like this new type of blog post from me! And let me know what you're loving this month!! :)

Beauty


♥ Revlon Parfumerie Nail Polish- I don't have enough good things to say about these. I've done a full review for these, so go check that out! And as you can see, I've picked up another color in "Apricot Nectar"

♥ Maybelline Color Elixirs- LOVE THESE!! And again, I've done a full review for these, so check that out as well. All the colors were reviewed there.

♥ Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue- I've always been a fan of the Baby Lips and when I saw that they came out with a new collection, I had to try it out. I got "Too Cool", which is a clear lip balm and I really like it. They have menthol in them, so they aren't the best smelling lip balms, but they really work to heal and moisturize dry, chapped lips. And the menthol gives off a cooling sensation.

♥ Maybelline Gel Eyeliner- I love this eye liner. It comes with a brush which works really well for applying the eye liner precisely. I got it in the color "Eggplant" and it looks amazing, especially on brown eyes. It has really subtle finely-milled shimmer; it's not obvious but gives some nice definition. I would classify this more as a cream eye liner rather than gel, but everything else is perfect.

Fashion


♥ "California Stole My Heart" Sweatshirt- I bought this recently on sale at Forever 21 and I'm obsessed. It's a really pale pink color and quite thin for a sweatshirt, but I think it will be perfect for the spring and fall where it's a little too cool for no sweater. And it's super comfortable!!!

♥ French Maroon Pajama Shorts- I'm totally in love with these pajama shorts and they're super comfortable too. It's still freezing here in MA but I like to wear these when I'm having a lazy day around the dorm room. And they're white so they make my pale skin look (a little) tanner. And they were under $10 so f course I had to get them.

♥ Plaid Pajama Pants- These pajama pants are from Victoria's Secret and they actually came in a set with a (slightly cropped) pajama shirt. I got this as a gift from my cousin for Christmas and couldn't be happier. I love lounging around in pajama pants and these are so nice and fit perfectly. They are slightly more pricey but, I think, totally worth it as a gift.

♥ Long Key Necklace- I got this from Forever 21. It was on sale for $2.80 (no lie) so I couldn't pass it up. It's a long gold necklace with a decorative key. I don't have much gold jewelry, never mind long gold necklaces. I absolutely love keys (skeleton keys especially) so I was thrilled when I found this with such a low price tag! I'm definitely getting my money's worth as it goes with a lot of different outfits.

♥ New Glasses!!- I recently got these adorable Candie's glasses because I desparately needed my prescription changed (I'm practically blind). I tried on a lot of pairs and these were by far my favorite. They are black with a lot of gray in them so they aren't super dramatic. The suit my face really well and every time I wear them, I can't help but imagine I'm Zooey Deschanel (I absolutely adore her).

Entertainment


♥ New Girl- I LOVE THS SHOW!!! It's definitely my favorite at the moment. I watched it when it first came out and then randomly stopped (I don't know why). And right after Christmas, I watched every single episode. I finished right in time for the new season which I'm loving!

♥ Lorde "Pure Heroine"- I've recently got into more alternative music. I don't really know what prompted me to but I love it now! And I really love Lorde's album. My favorite songs are Royals (even though it's extremely overplayed on the radio), Team, White Teeth Teens, and Tennis Court. Definitely check it out! Such amazing talent for a 17 year-old.

♥ Bastille "Bad Blood"- Another alternative group that I love. And they don't overplay them (yet). I don't have too much to say about the album other than I love it. My favorite songs are Pompeii and Flaws.

♥ JacksGap "The Rickshaw Run"- My favorite YouTube channel, hands down. And their journey across India is documented in their 4-part series. It is absolutely stunning and intriguing and is almost like a reality show (but a good one). I watched religiously as soon as they came out and was genuinely sad when it came to an end. If you haven't already seen it, GO WATCH IT!!

Food/Drinks


♥ Panera Mac & Cheese- Need I say anything at all..?! If you've had it before, you know what I'm talking about. It's not that healthy at all but it's definitely a nice occasional "treat". And, to make it better, they sell it in Target now!

♥ Sea Salt Caramel & Almond Granola Bites- Oh my god! I'm in love with Salted Caramel anything. So mix it together with almonds, granola, and chocolate and it's irresistible.

♥ Starbucks Caramel Macchiato Carton- So good! It's not as good as getting it in an actual Starbucks but it's also way less expensive and tastes pretty good. I really like having this and adding some caramel sauce to it; it makes it taste a little closer to the real thing. I was actually really excited when I saw this in Target and just had to try it.


Other


♥ Olay Fresh Effects "Shine, Shine Go Away" and Brush- I had heard some good reviews on this product and when it was on sale at Target, I picked it up to see what I thought of it. I got the brush with a mini/travel sized "Shine, Shine Go Away" and really, really liked it, so I went out and bought the full size product. The brush is actually really good too (it's not a Clarisonic, but for the price, it works well). And there is a definite difference between just using my facial cleanser and using the cleanser with the brush. And my skin is a lot smoother and clearer because of it.

So that's it! I hope you all like this post. Please let me know if you do so I can do more like this in the future. I'd also like to give a quick little shout out to a fellow blogger/Instagrammer Nicholle. (Blog, Instagram: @beautybynicholle) So go follow her!!! And Nicholle, if you're reading this, let me know!!! :)

I'll be back again on Sunday with a regular, weekly post. And until then, stay beautiful!!

♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment