Sunday, January 19, 2014

Review- Maybelline Color Elixirs

Hey Lovelies!!!

My WiFi has been down for the afternoon so I'm posting on my phone so the set up may be slightly different until I can get on my computer to fix it. I'm going to try my best until then!

So, recently, I've came across one of my new favorite lip products!!! The title of the post probably gave it away, but they are the new Color Elixirs from Maybelline. They are stunning and I think they have great formulation.

("Mandarin Rapture", "Fuschia Flourish", "Petal Plush", "Celestial Coral")

I'm going to start by reviewing the presentation and packaging. To start, they are small square tubes that appear to be lipstick.


It's not until you twist the top to realize they are actually a lip gloss. The actual applicator is really nicely shaped and angled so it's very easy to get an accurate application all over the lips.


In addition to individual presentation and packaging, there are many colors to choose from (I believe time around 20) with colors ranging from red, pink, nude, orange, and purples in light, bright, and dark shades.

The product itself is quite fragrant and pigmented. I think the smell is nice but if you're sensitive to strong smells, this might not be the best product for you... As soon as you apply the product, you can see color immediately. It feels thicker than a lot of other lip glosses but it's not sticky at all! These are also pretty moisturizing. The color only last for a couple hours but leave your lips feeling soft and hydrated - a major plus even if it means reapplying. These aren't meant to be a stain, so it's not expected that these will last all day long.

I have gotten 4 colors in the last 2-3 weeks (no judging!) and I like all of them!

(I posted the same picture without flash above but I really feel like this picture captured the true color of the tubes)

And here are the swatches ("Mandarin Rapture", "Fuschia Flourish", "Petal Plush", "Celestial Coral")

As I've said, I love these so much and I don't have much to complain about for them. It would be nice if the color lasted a little longer, but I'm very satisfied with how they are now. And I would recommend them to anyone! (That means you!! ;)) Out of the colors that I have, my favorite is hands down Fuschia Flourish, which was the very first one I got!! It's a very pretty hot pink that looks very flattering and can be worn casually or formally as well.

If you try this product, let me know what you think of it! Also, if you liked this review please let me know so I can make more like this!! Until next time!! And, as always, stay beautiful!!!

❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment