Sunday, May 18, 2014

Tips for [Prom] Makeup

Hey Lovelies!!!

For this week's blog post, I wanted to share with you some helpful tips. Now these tips are kind of intended for prom, as its around that time of the year when high schools have their proms, but these tips can also be used for other special occasions (graduations, birthday parties, weddings, etc.), or even just every day looks. And just this week I was asked by two of my closest friends from when I danced to do their makeup for their prom. Now, both girls have quite different complexions, hair color, eye color, skin types, and also different colored prom dresses, so I had to do quite different makeup looks for both of them. Neither of them wear much makeup on a regular basis so I didn't go too dramatic on their makeup; I actually kept it quite simple but it still came out quite nice. And as I was doing the makeup, I was explaining to them the process I went through to pick out their makeup looks. So I figured I should share it with my readers as well! So here we go:

♥ Do your research!- Figure out what you're wearing especially the color. Also figure out what colors work best for your complexion, hair color, eye color, etc. It might seem like a lot to consider, but I can assure you that you'll find something even if it's not all in one place.

♥ Know what you're comfortable with- Know what kind of makeup you feel comfortable wearing for an entire night. If you're having someone else do your makeup, make sure they know of this comfort zone and that they follow it!

♥ Practice!!- This step is crucial in assuring that your makeup comes out the way you want. And practice more that just once. This way you can learn different ways to apply the makeup to get the desired look. And for people with sensitive skin, this step will avoid having a reaction to makeup on the big night! If someone is doing your makeup for you, it might be a good idea to have them do a trial run so that you know what you'll look like on prom night.

♥ Less is more- I can promise you that less is more when it comes to makeup. No one wants to show up to prom with cakey face makeup, raccoon eyes, and smeared lipstick (I mean, I guess it would make prom unforgettable...). If you aren't too experienced, I would suggest not going too much more intense than your regular, everyday makeup.

♥ Be prepared for touch-ups- If you want your makeup to look the same at the end of the night as it did at the beginning, make sure you're ready to apply some touch-ups. I would suggest bringing your lip product, setting powder (or even blotting papers), concealer, and maybe an eye liner. But don't be focused on keeping up with your makeup, focus on having a good night!

Now these are my best tips for makeup for your big night! Also, if you have any other tips to share, please leave them in the comments below as they might be very helpful for someone reading this!!! Keep in mind that I never went to prom (I'm not one for those types of events...) so I've never put these tips to test myself. I have, however, done people's prom makeup for three years now and I always ask how the makeup held up. So far, I've had nothing but great results, which I'm super thankful for! If any of you have questions about the prom makeup that I do, please leave a comment or tweet me; I'd love to answer! Until next time, stay beautiful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment